Friday, July 11, 2008

Today maybe Piecework will come – she said she was sending it second class. Sally, thank you for the warning about Borders (yesterday’s comment), and thank you for commenting. Maybe you’ll inspire me to find the energy to get out to a City Knitty meeting. I’m pretty sure the Piecework I’ve bought on eBay is the one I want (with Franklin in it) – I’ll let you know soon, I hope.

On the subject of eBay but not of knitting, I’ll be bidding soon for this postcard, trusting you people not to push me up too far. The great thing about postcards of Kirkmichael, of which we have quite a few, is that they all look just like Kirkmichael in 2008. The river is very low in this one.

Well, here are the dinosaurs. I’m quite pleased, not least at the prospect of casting on the very last piece today. It’s coming out slightly smaller than the specified dimensions. I’m doing the eight-year-old size, aiming for Helen’s youngest son Fergus who is six.


It’ll have to be firmly blocked anyway, to smooth out the stitches. And at the worst, the judges won’t judge it on whether or not it fits Fergus Drake. I’ve still got Alexander’s two sons in reserve, so to speak (=smaller than Fergus). Helen and her boys will be here early in August so we can try it on before the Games.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:17 AM

    If it is any comfort, the ebay counter of your postcard only stood at eleven. How many of these would be your readers checking to see what it looked like?

    The dinosaurs are very sweet. Any grandson of a certain age would be pleased to wear them, I'd think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:15 PM

    The sweater is s charming. Can't imagine it NOT winning first prize.
    Ron in Mexico

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:30 PM

    Enjoy reading your postings. If you haven't already tried this site, perhaps you might find the issue of Piecework you're seeking. Interweave Press has previous issues for sale -- look to the list on the left side of the page. I found this link by searching Google for "Interweave Press Piecework." The dinosaur sweater is quite the fashion statement!

    http://www.interweave.com/needle/piecework_magazine/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Dinosaurs=teh awesomeness

    ReplyDelete
  5. They're turning out beautifully. I love the way they're attacking each other's tail, a different attacker in each line. I don't envy you the sewing in of the ends, though. I'd imagine that it would take a very pleasant radio play or pod cast to make that pill go down.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wonderful sweater. Lucky child!

    ReplyDelete